10 The old prison
The present day Land Registry Office was built as a prison in 1901 (closed 1969). During the Third Reich opponents of the regime were held captive here. Many were sent on to the concentration camp in Dachau. The local Lutheran pastor Rudolf Neunhoeffer (1900-1953) (1) was also imprisoned here in 193. As a supporter of the “confessing church” (a movement that arose in opposition to Nazi efforts to unite all Lutherans into a “Reich” church) he was critical of the Nazi politics. Yet in spite of this intimidation Neunhoeffer remained true to his convictions.
Pfarrer Neunhoeffer überklebte ein Plakat der Hitlerjugend mit den Worten „Bibellesen – ja!“ Was stand wohl vorher dort? „Bibellesen – …“